Perfect combination of fresh basil, garlic roasted tomatoes and Lilydale® Oven Roasted Cared Chicken slices. An easy weeknight dinner that everyone will love.
1 cup (250 mL)uncooked pasta of choice
3 tbsp (44 mL)extra-virgin olive oil
2medium onions, diced
1 tsp (4 mL)salt
1/2 tsp (2 mL)ground black pepper
3cloves of garlic, minced
1 cup (250 mL)button mushrooms, sliced
1/3 cup (78 mL)dry red wine
1/2 pkg (200 g)
3/4 cup (177 mL)fresh parsley and oregano, chopped
128 ounce can crushed tomatoes
1 cup (250 mL)fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
1/2 cup (125 mL)freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan Cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions, ½ teaspoon of the salt, and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper and cook, covered, until the onions are softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook, covered, for 6 minutes more.
- Add the wine and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- Stir in chopped herbs, and remaining salt and pepper, and cook for 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and heat through. Stir in basil and Lilydale® Oven Roasted Carved Chicken Breast.
- Transfer the pasta to plates, spoon the sauce over the top, and sprinkle with the cheese.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes