Turkey Meatballs with Sriracha and Honey Glaze
These sweet, sticky and spicy bite size meatballs make a quick and easy appetizer.
1 package (500 g)
1/2 cup (125 mL)bread crumbs
1/4 cup (60 mL)toasted sesame seeds, divided
2 tbsp (30 mL)soy sauce
1 tbsp (15 mL)olive oil
1 tbsp (15 mL)rice wine vinegar
1 tsp (5 mL)minced fresh ginger
1clove garlic, minced
1/2 cup (125 mL)honey
3 tbsp (45 mL)sriracha sauce
1/4 cup (60 mL)chopped green onion
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a bowl mix together Lilydale® Ground Turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 2 tbsp (30 mL) sesame seeds, soy sauce, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, ginger and garlic. Shape mixture into 1-inch (2.5 cm) balls and place on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
- In a separate bowl, stir honey with sriracha sauce; brush half of the mixture lightly over meatballs on pan.
- Place meatballs in oven and bake, turning and basting occasionally with remaining honey mixture, for 15 to 18 minutes or until cooked through and well glazed.
- To serve, skewer meatballs with toothpicks; sprinkle with green onion and remaining sesame seeds.
To toast sesame seeds, place them in a dry skillet set over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes