Turkey Spinach Salad & Turkey Parm Sandwich
Get dinner on the table in a snap with our tender juicy Turkey Cutlet. Made with Canadian turkey breast our cutlets are a great chopped in a salad and served whole on a sandwich.
1 box (600 g)
2/3 cup (150 mL)Mastro® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 cup (75 mL)lemon juice
1 tsp (5 mL)salt
1 tsp (5 mL)freshly ground pepper
4 cups (500 mL)fresh baby spinach, washed & dried
10cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbsp (30 mL)crumbled goat cheese
1ciabatta bun, sliced in half
4 tbsp (60 mL)prepared marinara sauce
4 tbsp (60 mL)mozzarella cheese, shredded
parmesan cheese, grated
fresh basil, chopped (garnish optional)
- Cook Lilydale® Turkey Cutlets according to package directions.
- To make the salad dressing: in a bowl, combine Mastro® Extra Virgin Olive Oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir and set aside.
- In a salad bowl, place baby spinach and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with goat cheese and drizzle with salad dressing.
- Once Lilydale® Turkey Cutlets are cooked and warm to handle, slice 3 cutlets into bite size pieces. Place bite size turkey cutlet pieces on top of salad and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 425°C.
- Place the sliced ciabatta bun with cut side up on baking sheet and top with cooked Lilydale® Turkey Cutlets, half of the marinara sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat with other sandwich ingredients.
- Place buns with turkey in oven for 5 to 10 minutes till mozzarella cheese is fully melted. Top with Parmesan cheese and garnish with fresh basil. Serve with Turkey Spinach Salad.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes