Frozen Whole Turkey
- Keep Lilydale® Frozen Whole Turkey frozen until ready to thaw.
- Thaw Lilydale® Frozen Whole Turkey in the bag on a tray in the refrigerator. Allow 5 hours/lb (10 hours/kg).
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Remove the neck from the body cavity and the giblets from the neck cavity. Stuff or season the neck and body cavities.
- Secure legs by tucking under skin band or tying together with a cord. Fold wings behind back to secure neck skin.
- Place Lilydale® Frozen Whole Turkey on rack in a shallow pan with breast up. Cover loosely with foil.
- Roast at 350°F (177°C). For approximate cooking time, see roasting schedule on bag.
- Check if Lilydale® Frozen Whole Turkey is cooked 1/2 hour before it is expected to be done. Uncover the Lilydale® Fresh Whole Turkey and allow it to brown.
- When done, cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving to lock in the juices.
Safe handling: Wash preparation utensils, work surfaces and hands in hot, soapy water following contact with uncooked turkey and juices.
Using a meat thermometer, the turkey is fully cooked when:
• for a STUFFED TURKEY, the internal temperature of the thickest part of the breast or thigh should read 185°F (85°C) and the centre of the stuffing should be 165°F (74°C).
• for an UNSTUFFED TURKEY, the internal temperature of the thickest part of the breast or thigh should read 185°F (85°C).
• Note that the thermometer should not touch any bone when taking the temperature of the turkey and the legs are easy to twist off and the juices run clear.