Turkey Individual Pot Pie
Lilydale Oven Roasted Turkey Breast Strips and puff pastry make these mouth-watering individual turkey pot pies easy to prepare.
1 package (300 g)
1 packagefrozen puff pastry
1/4 tspdried thyme
1½ cupschicken broth
1 cupHalf-and-half cream
2 cupsfrozen peas, carrots and corn
1 tbsplemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Unroll puff pastry on a floured surface and cut into circles to fit on your ramekins. Put into refrigerator to cool while making filling.
- Heat butter and onions in a skillet over medium-high heat for about 6 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, thyme and sage and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in broth and 1 cup of cream.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly and cook until thickened.
- Stir in frozen vegetables, lemon juice, Lilydale®Oven Roasted Carved Turkey Breast Strips and salt and pepper; return to a boil.
- Pour filling into ramekins and place puff pastry on top.
- Whisk together egg yolk and milk and brush over pastry.
- Bake, uncovered for about 35 minutes - until bubbly and golden brown.
- Let stand and then serve!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 35 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes