Baked Pineapple Barbecue Chicken Thighs
Add a little sunny holiday flavour into your day with these sweet and spicy chicken thighs! Sweet pineapple tidbits and barbecue sauce make the perfect flavour blend for this succulent chicken dish.
3 tsp (15 mL)Mastro® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 tsp (2 mL)garlic powder
salt and pepper taste
1 cup (250 mL)barbecue sauce
1 can (398 mL)pineapple tidbits
1green onion, diagonally sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 365°F.
- Season Lilydale® Chicken Thighswith garlic powder, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium-high heat pan with oil, brown both sides of chicken thighs for 4-5 minutes per side.
- Spray the bottom of a cooking pan with cooking spray. Place the chicken thighs onto the pan.
- In another bowl, mix together barbeque sauce, pineapple tidbits and ½ a cup (125 mL) of the pineapple liquid. Mix together well and pour mixture on top of the chicken thighs.
- Cover pan with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove foil, and turn on broiler. Broil for 5 minutes until sauce begins to brown and bubble. Remove from oven and garnish with green onion.
Serve over rice and a side of match-stick cucumber salad.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour