Easy Spanish Rice with Chicken
Easy Spanish Rice with Chicken will easily become a family favourite! It may become your favourite too – not only because it tastes so great, but because it’s so easy to prepare and makes you look like a pro!
6 tsp (30 mL)Mastro® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp (5 mL)paprika
salt and pepper to taste
3 cups (750 mL)chicken broth or water
2 cups (500 mL)rice
1 can (540 mL)diced tomatoes, with liquid
2 clovesgarlic, minced
1onion, finely diced
1green pepper, diced
2 tsp (10 mL)fresh parsley, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 365°F.
- Season each Lilydale® Split Chicken Breasts on all sides with paprika, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium-high heat pan with 3 teaspoons of oil, brown each side of the chicken breast for 4-5 minutes per side. Set aside
- Add the remaining 3 teaspoons of oil to the pan, and sauté the garlic, onion and green peppers for 5 minutes or until soft.
- In a large baking pan, combine the chicken broth, rice, diced tomato with liquid, and the sautéed ingredients in the pan. Mix together well.
- Place chicken breasts on top and cover baking pan with foil. Bake for 50 minutes until the chicken breast reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Remove from oven and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Serve with mixed greens or seasonal vegetables.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 50 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 10 minutes