Super Crunch Baked Turkey Strips
1 tbsp (15 mL)honey
1 tbsp (15 mL)dijon mustard
1 tbsp (15 mL)mayonnaise
1 ½ cups (375 mL)Panko bread crumbs
2 tsp (10 mL)flour
1 tbsp (15 mL)fresh parsley, washed and finely chopped
1 tsp (5 mL)garlic powder
1 tsp (5 mL)onion powder
1 tsp (5 mL)paprika
salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F, and spread Panko bread crumbs onto a non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 3-6 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Combine egg, honey, Dijon mustard, and mayo and whisk together.
- Cut Lilydale® Turkey Breast Fillets into ½ inch strips.
- Raise temperature of oven to 400°F.
- In a separate bowl, combine toasted Panko bread crumbs, flour, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Still well.
- Lay out Lilydale® Turkey Breast Fillet strips and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Dip each Lilydale® Turkey Breast Fillet strip into moist mixture, coating evenly, and then roll into the crumb mixture, being careful to coat evenly. Lay turkey strips onto a non-stick baking tray.
- Turning half way, bake at 400F° for 14-16 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
Panko bread crumbs can be substituted with crumbs made with any flavour of Doritos chips for a zestier crunch, and nacho chips, or corn chips.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes