Turkey Pesto Sandwich
Add some extra excitement to your turkey sandwich with pesto, bacon and sundried tomatoes – enjoy as a weekend lunch or a mid-week treat.
1 packages (300 g)
4thick slices sourdough bread
4 tbsp (60 mL)pesto sauce, prepared
4 slicesLilydale®Turkey Bacon, cooked according to packaging directions
6 slicesprovolone cheese
4-6large sundried tomatoes, diced
4 tbsp (60 mL)unsalted butter, divided
- Heat a large griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- On all slices of sourdough, spread the pesto evenly.
- On one slice, top with 2 slices of Lilydale®Oven Roasted Carved Turkey Breast, 2 slices of Lilydale®Turkey Bacon, 3 sliced provolone cheese, 4 sundried tomatoes. Place the second slice of sourdough on top.
- Smear the top of the sandwich with 1 tablespoon of butter, then place that side of the sandwich down on the pan. Smear the remaining tablespoon of butter over the top.
- Toast the sandwich in the pan until golden brown and the cheese begins to melt, about 4-5 minutes per side. Place a lid on top of the pan while cooking to speed up the cheese melting.
- Repeat to make additional sandwich and serve immediately.
Leftover sandwich can be kept for 1-2 days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container.